Five Fun Facts About Laura
1. Has very limited athletic ability now, but somehow scored a basket against Michael Jordan at the Bulls stadium when she was eight-years-old.
2. Wanted to be a romance writer after seeing the movie “Romancing the Stone,” particularly after Kathleen Turner’s character dubs herself a “hopeful romantic” instead of a “hopeless” one. Laura tries to be a hopeful one herself, but of course some days that’s easier than others.
3. She wrote her first novel during a one week vacation in Hawaii at age 14. It was a 150-page fantasy book called “The Staff of Tarana,” inspired by the Terry Brooks novel “The Sword of Shanara.” No similarities in those titles.
4. Her favorite movie has always been “The Princess Bride,” and she actually dated a boy named Wesley for two years in college.
5. Wrote her first travel memoir after getting dumped by the man she wanted to marry. After a period of drinking and moping, she decided to flee from everyone and everything familiar and went to Africa.